Library Assistant / Substitute position
Open until filled
The Freedom Public Library is seeking a Library Assistant/Substitute to work approximately 3-5 hours per week and to cover staff absences. Hourly wage is $12/hour.
Provides a welcoming environment for patrons. Works professionally with and under the supervision of the Assistant Librarian. Fosters a team atmosphere with library volunteers.
- Handles processing of overdues. Generates reports monthly, coordinates search for materials on the shelves, and notifies patrons of overdue items.
- Assists with all areas of library operations including circulation.
- Assists with library programming as needed.
- Helps maintain the library’s appearance.
- Opens and closes the library in the absence of the Assistant Librarian.
- Oversees circulation services and coordinates daily volunteer activities in the absence of the Assistant Librarian.
- Oversees all library operations in the absence of the Library Director and Assistant Librarian.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will be friendly, detail-oriented, have a flexible schedule and have strong computer skills. Previous library experience is preferred.
Send a resume and cover letter, along with contact information for three references, to Elizabeth Rhymer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Freedom Public Library
PO Box 159
Freedom, NH 03836