Whether you made a donation, baked a cake, worked the book sale, or volunteered in the library, the Friends of the Library are most grateful for your continued support. YOU are a "friend" of the library!
Donate to the Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library Executive Board
President Cindy Fleming
Vice-President Donna-Marie Tung
Treasurer Anne Cunningham
Secretary Harriet Fishman
Friends of the Library Board Members
Emeritus Board Members
Friends of the Library Committees and ChairsBake Sale - Judy Kucera
Book Club - Sharon Meyer
Book Sales - Sarah Groleau
Art events -
Friends of the Library
Revised November 14, 2016/ckfinder/userfiles/files/Friendsof_the_Library_By%2Dlaws%202.pdf
Revised October 29, 2014/ckfinder/userfiles/files/FOL_Financial_Policies_Rev10_29_2014.pdf
Friends of the Library Board
Friends of the Library Board MeetingThe next meeting of the full Board will be held on November 13, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
Executive BoardSeptember 7, 2021
July 6, 2021
June 8, 2021
April 23, 2021
November 7, 2020
October 24, 2020
June 24, 2020
April 23, 2020
January 16, 2020
Friends of the Library Board MeetingMay 1, 2021
November 7, 2020
May 2, 2020
November 9, 2019
May 4, 2019
Librarian's Report to the Friends of the Library
May 2020 Librarian's Report
Fall 2020 Librarian's Report
Join the Friends of the Library!We're always delighted to greet people who are interested in supporting the library. If you would like to get involved, send us an email, call the library at (603) 539-5176, or stop in to introduce yourself!
The Friends of the Library has a critical mission. Working with the Librarian and the Trustees, the Friends support the library in a variety of ways:
- We provide volunteers in the library to help with library operations such as assisting with events, shelving books, and automating the collection.
- We lead special events, such as story-telling or crafts.
- We organize lectures, often those offered through the New Hampshire Humanities Council.
- Providing funds for the library for library books, computer equipment, special events, memberships, conferences, furniture and more.
- Annual fund raising letter: This letter goes out every spring to our patrons and other friends. It is the largest source of funds we raise every year.
- Book Sales: Every August, during Old Home Week, we hold a major book sale. We take donations all year and sell both children's books, adult fiction and non-fiction, and some videos and puzzles, too. This sale is held at the Freedom Gallery next to the church. In recent years, we’ve added sales during "Freedom Rings in the Holidays" in late November and on Rubber Ducky Day. We always need volunteers to help sort, move and sell books!
- Bake Sale: We hold a Bake Sale along with the Book Sale during Old Home Week. It is a great opportunity to get delicious desserts and snacks without heating up your kitchen. If you like to bake, we also need volunteers for this event.