Part-time Youth Programming Coordinator
Open Until Filled
The Freedom Public Library is looking for a vibrant and creative service-oriented part-time Youth Programming Coordinator, working under the supervision of the Library Director.
Description of Duties
- Perform checkouts, checkins, and patron registration as needed
- Open and close the library as needed
- Check and promptly respond to messages; including text, voice mail, and email
- Plan and implement Preschool Storytime program
- Coordinate and promote the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program
- Plan and implement Fun Fridays (monthly after-school activities, pizza dinner, and movie showing)
- Work with the Library Director to coordinate Youth and Preschool Summer Reading Programs
- Recommend uses of trust funds dedicated to youth literacy initiatives
- Make recommendations for materials to add to the picture book and juvenile collections.
- Coordinate and provide supportive atmosphere for all youth programming volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in Library Science with a focus on Youth Services, Early Childhood Education, Education, or similar preferred. A suitable combination of education and experience demonstrating mastery of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will also be considered.
- Experience in and enjoyment of working with children
- Enthusiasm for providing quality programming and services for children
- The ability to work effectively in an environment with many distractions and interruptions
- Ability to supervise and delegate volunteers as needed
- Computer competence
- Flexibility, excellent verbal and written communication skills, superior interpersonal skills, and teamwork
- Satisfactory background check
Schedule and Salary:
This is an hourly position averaging 2-6 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday; approved for up to 10 hours per week during summer. Regular hours include prep time. Expected to work as needed outside of normal library hours to lead programs, attend workshops and meetings, or conduct other library business. May be called on to substitute at the Circulation Desk. Rate of pay is $17 per hour. This position offers paid holidays.
Send resume, cover letter and names & contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Christopher Libby, Director
Freedom Public Library
PO Box 159
Freedom, NH 03836